BE THE REASON FOR YOUR STUDENTS’ SMILE!!
- Laughter can soothe a teacher’s and a student’s tension; it can also make it easier to cope with difficult situations.
- Laughter helps you connect with other people.
- Laughter is contagious.
- Laughter can help reduce your anxiety and make you feel happier.
- It can improve your mood and outlook on life.
- It benefits your creativity, confidence and self-esteem.
- It provides an opportunity for FUN as students learn to cope with the complexities of their world.
Being a teacher can be one of life’s most CHALLENGING yet joyful and rewarding experiences!
Laugh together and give compliments often! Engage in jokes and humorous activities with your students.
Make it a habit to share a laugh with your student before school, during school and after school. And have them share a funny story or jokes with you.
Helpful Tips for Teachers to Include HUMOR in the CLASSROOM. Humor changes developmentally.
- During the Preschool years, play and humor are often linked. For example just being bounced up and down or shouting BOO often conjures up shouts of joy and laughter from a child.
- Primary school age children enjoy riddles, jokes and rhymes.
- Middle school children learn the meaning of more words; their riddles, jokes and humor become more sophisticated.
- With each advancing stage children become more aware, more knowledgeable. They play with language, tell jokes and indulge in horseplay.
JOKES & RIDDLES TO SHARE WITH YOUR CHILDREN
What do you call an injured TYRANNOSAURUS REX?? — A DINO – SORE!!
Why did the boy eat the lamp?? — His mother told him to have a LIGHT snack!!
What did the cat say when she spilled her milk?? — Nobody is PURR – FECT!!
What did the sun say when it was introduced to the earth?? — It is nice to HEAT you!!
Why do birds go to the library?? — To look for BOOK WORMS!!
What did one flea say to the other flea, as they were getting ready to go to a movie?? — Shall we walk, or take a DOG!!
What do you say to a BUNNY on the day he was born?? — HOPPY Birthday!!
KEEP SMILING 🙂 and Live Happily Ever Laughter!
Download FREE activity Samples!