Did you know the study of laughter is called GELOTOLOGY?
BE THE REASON FOR YOUR CHILD’S SMILE!!
- Laughter can soothe a parent’s and a child’s tension; it can also make it easier to cope with difficult situations.
- Laughter helps you connect with other people.
- Laughter is contagious.
- Laughter can help reduce your anxiety and make you feel happier.
- It can improve your mood and outlook on life.
- It benefits your creativity, confidence and self-esteem.
- It provides an opportunity for FUN as children learn to cope with the complexities of their world.
Being a parent can be one of life’s most CHALLENGING yet joyful and rewarding experiences!
Laugh together and give compliments often! Engage in jokes and humorous activities with your children.
Make it a habit to share a laugh with your child before school, after school and before bed. And have them share a funny story or jokes with you.
Helpful Tips for Parents to Include HUMOR in the HOME. Humor changes developmentally.
- During the Preschool years, play and humor are often linked. For example just being bounced up and down or shouting BOO often conjures up shouts of joy and laughter from your child.
- Primary school age children enjoy riddles, jokes and rhymes.
- Middle school children learn the meaning of more words; their riddles, jokes and humor become more sophisticated.
- With each advancing stage children become more aware, more knowledgeable. They play with language, tell jokes and indulge in horseplay.
JOKES & RIDDLES TO SHARE WITH YOUR CHILDREN
What do you call an injured TYRANNOSAURUS REX?? — A DINO – SORE!!
Why did the boy eat the lamp?? — His mother told him to have a LIGHT snack!!
What did the cat say when she spilled her milk?? — Nobody is PURR – FECT!!
What did the sun say when it was introduced to the earth?? — It is nice to HEAT you!!
Why do birds go to the library?? — To look for BOOK WORMS!!
What did one flea say to the other flea, as they were getting ready to go to a movie?? — Shall we walk, or take a DOG!!
What do you say to a BUNNY on the day he was born?? — HOPPY Birthday!!
KEEP SMILING and Live Happily Ever Laughter!
Download FREE activity Samples!