GET YOUR CHILD HOOKED ON GRADE 3 LANGUAGE ARTS and LITERACY with BRIGHT KIDS WORD POWER WORKOUT!!
GRADE THREE is a VERY IMPORTANT year in the development of your child’s Language Arts! Your child will achieve major milestones in their knowledge and skills in listening, speaking, reading, writing and critical analysis. It is a year of significance in Language Arts and Literacy Standardized Testing and Evaluation.
Learning to read, write and spell is essential to enable a child to succeed in school and in later life. Bright Kids helps your students EXCEL in language arts and Literacy Learning so they can go on to have a successful and rewarding school year.
Bright Kids Language Arts Grade 3 interactive, and guided learning provide your child with direction and support in reading, writing and spelling proficiency. Bright Kids Activity Worksheets enhances vocabulary, develops spelling and reading skills and boosts writing ability.
Through a series of Grade 3 learning activities focused on discovery, recognition, and application your child will learn to generate ideas and demonstrate comprehension of themes. Your child will also benefit from daily opportunities for practice in applying their reading, writing, phonics and spelling knowledge and skills. Through these experiences and their growing familiarity with texts such as simple recounts, stories, procedures, and writing – they develop an understanding of the Grade 3 vocabulary and expectations.
Bright Kids Grade Three Language Arts Activities provides support by enabling children to develop an awareness of spelling patterns, spell unfamiliar words using a variety of strategies that involve understanding phonics (sound-symbol relationships), word structures, word meanings, and generalizations about spelling, recognize letters have specific sounds and recognize basic sight words in text.
Your child will learn new words and have an awareness of the relationship of letters to words and words to sentences.
Writing stories using the Bright Kids Grade 3 List Words your students will generate ideas about a potential topic, using a variety of strategies and establish a personal voice in their writing, with a focus on using familiar words that convey their attitude or feelings towards the subject They will extend their experiences, and become successful in reading, writing and spelling.
Bright Kids Grade 3 English Power Activities are a GREAT LANGUAGE ARTS RESOURCE to help parents and teachers motivate their children to learn to read write and spell successfully. The activities provide opportunities for your child to respond to a variety of materials that demonstrate awareness of written materials and language patterns. They help develop communication and literacy skills. The Grade 3 activities are interactive and engaging, with easy to follow directions.
Worksheets come ALIVE as your child focus their attention on a single brightly colored worksheet with FUN and FRIENDLY word games, puzzles, illustrations and a variety of motivating exercises.
Parents or Teachers Using Bright Kids Grade 3 Language Arts your students will develop:
- Expanded vocabulary to create more in depth sentences.
- They will be able to understand the knowledge of words and read with fluency and focus on comprehension.
- They will understand and spell by applying more complex phonics strategies that involve understanding sound-symbol relationships.
- Predict the meaning of and rapidly solve unfamiliar words using different types of cues, including (prefixes, suffixes, base words, phrases, sentences, and visuals that activate existing knowledge of oral and written language) – syntactic (language structure) cues (e.g., word order, language patterns, punctuation).
- Organize ideas and information to write competently for many purposes, using punctuation appropriately and use stated and implied information and ideas in texts to make simple inferences and reasonable predictions.
- Use parts of speech appropriately to communicate their meaning clearly, with a focus on the use of: proper nouns, possessive pronouns, action verbs in the present and simple past tenses; adjectives and adverbs; and question words (who, what, why, where and when).
- Use punctuation to help communicate their intended meaning, with a focus on the use of: quotation marks to indicate direct speech; commas to mark grammatical boundaries within sentences; capital letters and final punctuation to mark the beginning and end of sentences.
- Establish a personal voice in their writing, with a focus on using concrete words and images to convey their attitude or feeling towards the subject or audience use words and phrases that will help convey their meaning as specifically as possible.
- They will be able to make revisions to their writing.
With over 90 pages of reading, writing, spelling and comprehension activities that incorporate discovery learning, your child will demonstrate success in reading, success in writing and success in spelling.
Celebrate and reward your child’s efforts and ongoing progress. A Bright Kids Certificate is included in the Grade 3 Language Arts Activity Kit to present to your child after they have successfully completed all the activities.
An Easy to Use Rubric is also included to make ASSESSMENT ACCURATE and EFFORTLESS!