GET YOUR STUDENTS HOOKED ON GRADE 1 MATH with BRIGHT KIDS MATH POWER WORKOUT!!
Bright Kids Grade One Math Power Workout is designed to help children build a solid conceptual foundation in math that will enable them to apply their knowledge and further their learning successfully.
It is based on the belief that children learn mathematics most effectively when they are given opportunities to investigate ideas and concepts through problem solving.
It is important for young children to see themselves as mathematicians as they investigate their world. Children need time to practice and consolidate their learning through mathematical investigations that take place through focused exploration, and guided activity.
Bright Kids Grade One Math Power Activities provides support by enabling your children to develop math awareness.
Your child will begin to make connections among mathematical concepts and notice examples of mathematics in their everyday life.
Bright Kids Grade One Math Power Activities are a GREAT MATH RESOURCE to help Parents and Teachers motivate their children to learn and develop a positive attitude towards mathematics and the ability to persevere in solving problems. This will have a significant impact on your child’s future success.
Bright Kids activities provide opportunities for your children to respond to a variety of materials that focus on numeracy, number sense and problem solving.
Worksheets come ALIVE as your child focus their attention on a single worksheet with friendly illustrations and a variety of motivating exercises.
Parents and Teachers Using Bright Kids your children will develop:
- A strong MATH vocabulary; they will communicate mathematical thinking orally, visually, and in writing, using everyday language.
- They will demonstrate an understanding Number Sense up to 100, how to read, compare, match, and define whole numbers.
- Your children will learn about growing patterns and shrinking patterns involving addition and subtraction, they will learn to identify patterns and apply those patterns to counting by 1′s.
- Numbers in-depth to 20.
- Addition & subtraction to 20.
- They will learn finger counting, adding and subtracting, odd and even numbers and number line use.
- Your children will learn addition and subtraction of one digit numbers.
- They will investigate ideas and concepts through problem solving.
- They will be able to recognize shapes and units of measurement.
- Your children will learn algebraic symbols, number sentences, equal vs. unequal, greater than vs. less than, they will make connections among them and apply them to solve problems.
Celebrate and reward your child’s efforts and ongoing progress. A Bright Kids Diploma is included in the Grade 1 Math Resource to present to your child after they have successfully completed all the Activities.
An Easy to Use Rubric is also included to make ASSESSMENT ACCURATE and EFFORTLESS!
With over 60 pages of Grade One Math Activities that incorporate Numeracy and Number Sense, measurement, comparing, geometry, spatial sense, key concepts of counting 1 – 100, number printing and number recognition; problem solving the addition and subtraction of single-digit whole numbers, your students will explore opportunities to develop their mathematical understanding by incorporating interactive high-quality investigative learning experiences that involve the use of mathematical concepts, strategies, and vocabulary in carefully planned hands-on activities.
With encouragement and intentional instruction using the Grade One Bright Kids Math Power Workout your child will begin to demonstrate numeracy, number sense skills and problem solving skills. Bright Kids makes sure that your children will have the necessary numeracy, number sense and problem solving skills to be successful when they move on to the Grade Two curriculum.